This course provides the critical training necessary for qualified individuals to continue on their pathway to become a Certified CMMI Lead Appraiser. Following successful course completion, CMMI Lead Appraiser candidates then participate in an Observation to complete their certification process.
An approved application and completion of pre-course eLearning assignment, which includes self-study of the Method Definition Document (MDD) and creation of a draft appraisal plan, are required for this course. Applications must be received 12 weeks before the start of the course, to allow sufficient time for application processing and completion of pre-course assignments.
5 days for in-person course
6 days for virtual course
What I will learn in this course?
- The criticality of CMMI appraisal quality and ethics for maintaining the reliability of the CMMI appraisal method.
- The role of the Appraisal Team Leader (ATL) and the application of CMMI appraisals using the Method Definition Document (MDD).
- The use of CMMI appraisals for evaluating and improving the business performance of an organization.
- The use of Virtual Solution Delivery (VSD) techniques to improve appraisal efficiency when conditions and criteria allow it.
- Important requirements and parameters for conducting multiple model view appraisals and multiple organizational unit appraisals.
- An opportunity to building proficiency by practicing the skills and abilities critical to success as a CMMI Lead Appraiser.
- How to help organizations gain insight into their process capability or organizational maturity by identifying process strengths and weaknesses as related to the practices in the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI ®).
Who should take this course?
What do I need for this course?
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with time allotted for student questions and discussion. The format of this course requires that students actively participate and must be present for all five or six days of the course. Students will be assessed on their pre-course assignment, class participation, final assignment, and end of course assessment.
The six-day virtual instructor-led course requires the following technical requirements to be met by the prospective student:
- Internet Connection: Minimum bandwidth is 800 kbps (upload/download) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (upload/download)
- Microphone/Speakers: Ensure student has a microphone and can be heard clearly. The use of a headset with a microphone to minimize background noise and feedback is recommended.
- Video Capability / Webcam: Student must have video capabilities throughout the course.
- Operating System and Web Browser: Make sure these are up to date.
- System Requirements: Visit the Zoom website for a list of all suggested system requirements. If unable to meet the technical requirements, contact ISACA customer support and request that your course registration be removed.
Before registering for the CMMI Lead Appraiser Training course, students must:
- Complete a formal offering of the Foundations of Capability Course and a Building Excellence Course.
- Complete a formal offering of the High Maturity Concepts Course.
- Complete an Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI course.
- Pass the CMMI Professional Exam for your intended view specialization.
- Submit and obtain approval for a Lead Appraiser certification application along with all the respective documents required to enter the program.
- Complete a Virtual Solutions Delivery course
- Gain sponsorship from a Licensed CMMI Partner under which they will complete their Lead Appraiser Training and Observation.
- Be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present and discuss technical concepts in English.
Please see the Lead Appraiser Certification page
for more details.
Six weeks before the course, registered students will receive a pre-course eLearning assignment. The assignment is to be completed in advance of the in-course instruction and will serve as input to the hands-on exercises introduced in the classroom. This assignment is designed to develop important skills and capabilities.
What do I get from this course?
- A certificate of completion.
- Completion of a prerequisite requirement to become a CMMI Lead Appraiser.
- Completion of a prerequisite requirement to become a CMMI High Maturity Lead Appraiser.
- Become a Candidate CMMI Lead Appraiser and move into the Observation phase of earning the Lead Appraiser Certification.