Build organizational capability in developing and engineering products, delivering and managing services, selecting and managing suppliers, managing data, managing people, and managing safety and security activities through this foundational course.
What will I learn in this course?
- Connect the CMMI® model with business value.
- Describe the components of CMMI - including new content areas Data, People, Security, Safety, and Virtual Work.
- Use the CMMI model as a tool for improving performance.
- Use the various CMMI domains effectively to assess, improve and sustain process capability in different organizational contexts.
- Illustrate the high-level value of a CMMI appraisal.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for anyone interested in improving business performance or beginning their CMMI career journey as a CMMI Appraisal Team Member.
What do I get from this course?
- Certificate of Completion
- One Exam Credit to take the Certified CMMI Practitioner Exam
- Certification as a CMMI Practitioner upon passing the exam.
- Prerequisite for serving on a CMMI appraisal team appraising the new content areas.
- Prerequisite for advanced CMMI training course.
What do I need for this course?
This course is composed of lectures and class exercises with time allotted for participant questions and discussion. The format of the course requires that students actively participate throughout the duration of the course without missing any class time.
This course does not require any prerequisites.